Thursday, October 11, 2007

DeNiro ate something Sour

So another hurdle in the quest to pour wisdom through my fingertips onto the computer is the very placement of said computer in relation to other pieces of furniture. By simply turning my head 90 degrees to the left (your right) I find my self no longer staring at the beckoning screen. The channels in my head have been re-tuned, for I am staring...

At Myself!

Immediately to my left is a dresser with vanity mirror.

Sure i am just as egotistical and narcissistic as the next attractive intelligent and talented guy, but that is not why I stare. I stare because at some point in my misspent youth, I developed a penchant for making faces.

So you see, I am not merely staring at myself. I stare at a cast of funny-looking individuals and beings that stare right back at me. And as hard as it is to gaze on such creatures it is many times harder to look away when they are in their glory. My face seems to do things of its own accord: now Stanley Tucci, now a fish, now John Kerry, now a lizard, now Mr Surprised-Happy-Guy, now concentrating infant, now Ed Grimley. It is like trying to stop staring at a dryer in a laundro-mat with "reds" in. And finally, as if with a crowbar, I pry my eyes back to the warm blue glow of the monitor, and the faces have taken their due. My mind is now devoid of the brilliant chunks of gooey wisdom I was about to smear on both our monitors.

I have failed you.

But you should see what my eyebrows just did.

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Like many others I'm sure, I have several pictures of you making that Harpo face. One at your wedding I think. You do it so well. Must be due to all the practice. :)

Mrs. White said...

Sorry, that comment was from me, not "Nathan, not Nate." Forgot to sign the little booger out, first.

tommmmmmmy said...

SO Nathan doesn't think I do the "Gookie" well? bummer. but thank you. Beleive it or not, I have been practicing that one since I was about five.