Thursday, August 16, 2007

My sister's peaves

Today i will not focus on the myriad of things in my immediate world that upset me. Instead, we shall discuss one of the things that causes my sister, Jojo, emotional and abdominal distress. That thing which above all else most taxes my sister's delicate sensibilities is, to give it a name, "Cold Lean." That is, of course, not the real name of the problem but I wish to be tactful.


You see, "Cold Lean" was, once a co-worker of my sister. Some time ago "Cold Lean" moved on to greener pastures and went to work for one of Macomb County's many Turf Barons. That makes "Cold Lean" a customer and still frequents Jojo's office. And herein lies the rub. "Cold Lean" ends up in the office quite often, occasionally several times a week, and to Jojo's horror, "Cold Lean" is greeted with warmest tones, loving embraces and genuine curiosity about how she has been. Mind you she was just in last Friday. Further, I must add that no one could really stomach that much of the lady whilst she was a co worker. Well now, you may be asking, isn't fawning over clients just part of the game? Well, it probably should be, but as a rule...no.

So that is how Jojo was feeling earlier. Mrs. honeyface and I just watched and mostly enjoyed Vacancy. Frank Whaley is a jewel. Kate Winslet, no, Blachett, no, Beckinsdale was not undead. Ethan Embry was Dutch and Luke Wilson found a new emotion. That makes three : Annoyed (with Owen?) Scheming and now Really Afraid. But seriously, it was a well executed Psyco-suspense-thiller worthy of a que. Have to go checkthe porch for bugs and vermin

Keep smiling.

1 comment:

paul said...

Fawning over clients is definitely part of my game.

An unequivocal fan of Kate Beckinsale, I will watch Vacancy soon.

Welcome to the blogging world, oh, spicy ice cream for the soul...